Gateway to Arabic 2
Dr. Imran Hamza Alawiye
|Taal||Arabisch - Engels|
Gateway to Arabic is a well-structured, progressive course which has been carefully designed to teach Arabic in a non-Arabic-speaking environment to learners from a broad age range. It contains a wealth of exercises to reinforce vocabulary acquisition and the understanding and application of grammar. Extensive research and piloting ensure that materials are both easy to teach and to learn from.
Gateway to Arabic Book Two builds on the basic reading and writing skills acquired in Book One (Starter Book). With a vocabulary of over 350 words and carefully structured text supported by 250 illustrations, Book Two provides learners with a basic knowledge of Arabic grammar, enabling them to take their first steps in understanding and using non-verbal sentences.
This book covers:
• Gender of nouns and agreement of adjectives
• Asking and answering simple questions
• Use of the definite article
• Some prepositions and conjunctions
• Use of singular personal and attached pronouns
• The dual forms of nouns and adjectives
• Sound and broken plural nouns and adjectives
• Singular, dual and plural demonstrative pronouns
• Numbers from 1 to 10 and associated rules
• Simple dialogue
• A broad vocabulary grouped according to subject, including the home, the school, animals, shapes, colours, fruit and vegetables, transport, clothing, parts of the body, the family, occupations and nationalities.